Bachelor and Master projects
We currently accept Bachelor and Master students to write their thesis with us. You can either select a specific topic from the list of projects or suggest a topic based on the list of potential topics or the group's research interests. Theses can be written in either English or German.
Bachelor or Master thesis projects are usually empirical. They thus require students to be involved in study planning and data collection and furthermore will require them to analyse the collected data semi-autonomously. Although previous experience in conducting behavioural studies is desirable, it is not a prerequisite. However, students should be willing to acquire the necessary skills. They will be supported in the necessary steps by the supervisor and the group. Because the projects usually require some preparatory work (pre-registration, ethical approval) before data can be collected, it is advised to get in touch at least eight months before the planned submission date to discuss potential topics and the timeline.
List of ongoing projects that can be joined:
- Debunking nutrition myths
- Knowledge about the sugar content of foods
- Participant compensation in Ecological Momentary Assessment studies
- Measurement reactivity in digital assessment of physical activity
- The impact of design choices in behaviour change apps
The projects are outlined in greater detail here.
Potential topics for which suggestions are welcome:
- Health and science communication with a focus on nutrition or sustainable behaviours
- Predictors or immediate psychological outcomes of eating behaviour in daily life (e.g., measured via Ecological Momentary Assessment)
If you would like to write your Bachelor or Master thesis with us, take a look at the outlined projects and contact Prof. Dr. Laura M. König.
Ongoing Bachelor and Master projects
Anna-Lena David: title tbd
Gina Larah Gumz: title tbd
Olivia Ehrecke: title tbd
Sarah Straßberger: title tbd
Vanessa Tauscher: title tbd
Rebeka Terzic: title tbd
Katharina Weiß: title tbd